Monday, April 24, 2006

no ifs ands or bad haircuts

Image hosting by Photobucket
admittedly, there was a touch of apprehension
(there always is just before the cut)
to understand, you'd have to direct your attention
to my past as a notorious salon-slut.

it started when years ago i lost my locks
what an unexpected fashion discovery it turned out to be!
if adversity taught me anything it's that short hair rocks!
and so began my love affair with the aveda academy.

from the pixie to the graduated bob, i've had 'em all--
there was a hot bedhead, a rocker and a mullet in disguise,
some were pomo, some preppy, some completely off the wall,
some complimented my neck , others focused on my eyes.

each had its own up(do's) and downs - its own high(lights) & lows,
and i was happy -- until one day i was lectured by my mirror,
it reminded me that hair can actually look good when it grows,
and so i ceased my perpetual trysts with the shearer.

but when it had been a supremely long while
i realized the cutting drought had to stop
you see, my hairstyle was suddenly more hair than style
so i headed back to my old haunt, chop! chop!

and now apprehension has vanished into thin air
(it always does immediately post-clip trip)
after all, i just got an edgier version of my old hair
but i did renew my romance with a sound called "snip!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Helmer said...

my fair lady your locks are divine !

i dig your ho-etry

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home