Wednesday, July 27, 2005

smoke city

I'm not supposed to smoke, I know
And yet the good pack tells me so
That fire and ash will soothe my stress
That smoke goes down smoother than watercress
That nicotine's a deity with the power to bless
But I really shouldn't, I know.

I'm not supposed to smoke, I know
And yet the workplace tells me so
That while one hand with beer is occupied
The other must busy itself, out of pride
And so booze and tar form a sickening tide
Oh I shouldn't, I know! I know!


I'm not supposed to smoke, I know
And yet the weekends tell me so
That the main attraction's "waiting to inhale"
That a butt is delightful, no matter how stale
And though unholy binge leaves my little lungs frail
Oh I shouldn't, oh no, oh no.

I'm not supposed to smoke, you know
And yet the dark side tells me so
That you only live once so why should it matter
That quitting's for those with weak knees and weak bladders
That if my heart's broken, who cares what else shatters
I know, I know, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home